Myasthenia Alliance Australia was formed to support the needs of Myasthenia sufferers from all states,
The Alliance also raises awareness about issues and items of national importance.
At this stage, Queensland and New South Wales have signed the agreement but any state which has a group registered as an association is welcome to apply to join this alliance.
The objectives of Myasthenia Alliance Australia are to:
- Support people sharing unique and differing experiences with the myasthenia syndrome.
- Foster meaningful and distinctive dialogue amongst the associations through direct sharing of new information.
- Develop and implement co-operative initiatives through a national platform that provides ‘one voice’ on issues pertaining to myasthenia.
- Unify Australians with this condition and provide a pathway and voice for myasthenia sufferers throughout Australia
- Promote an understanding and awareness of myasthenia through education and pressing for practical solutions through advocacy.
- Promote and support research into this condition.
- Ensure that each individual association continues to operate with full autonomy.